Friday, December 30, 2011

Silk Screened controller boxes

Labeling the controllers, in a way that is out-door ready, has been more difficult that I originally anticipated.

I had vinyl labels made by a sign maker, that stick on. Those work but it's difficult to get them put on right, then you have to x-acto knife all the edges and openings. It's time consuming. So I made this jig to hold the box lids so they could be silk-screened.
























I found some t-shirt makers that were willing to take a shot at screening the box lids. They used outdoor, UV resistant ink. I made the original artwork with Photoshop and Gimp.


















The finished result turned out well. The paint doesn't rub off.

































Now I have a process for making a lot of high quality controllers boxes.

2 comments:

  1. free solar quotes are very much important for local people and almost all types of people for reducing cost and it's very helpful so keep in touch with us.....http://www.solarquotesfree.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. If you need help with american solar direct then this company is for you.

    ReplyDelete