Labeling the controllers, in a way that is out-door ready, has been more difficult that I originally anticipated.
I had vinyl labels made by a sign maker, that stick on. Those work but it's difficult to get them put on right, then you have to x-acto knife all the edges and openings. It's time consuming. So I made this jig to hold the box lids so they could be silk-screened.
I found some t-shirt makers that were willing to take a shot at screening the box lids. They used outdoor, UV resistant ink. I made the original artwork with Photoshop and Gimp.
Now I have a process for making a lot of high quality controllers boxes.